Take Back 30-Day Challenge
Charlottesville, January 2012
TAKE the weight off and give BACK to your community
The 30-day weight loss challenge and fund raiser.
Starting January 7, 2012
You can sign up any time to receive the gifts from our sponsors and to donate to help us raise money for our featured local non-profits.
Are you planning to kick start your new year with the goal to improve your health, lose weight, or help others?
Do you want support, information, or a chance to try out a new program?
Join our 30-day community challenge. A $10 donation will entitle you to a month of daily nutritional, exercise, and motivational information on how to lose weight, get healthy, and stay healthy. Your donation will go to a local non-profit at the end of the challenge.
You will also receive coupons and discounts to health food stores; retail stores; fitness, dance, yoga, and martial arts studios; massage therapists; and many other businesses. You’ll lose weight and earn back more money than you donated.
You must sign up and donate in order to be able to redeem any of the offerings from our sponsors.
Here is how it works:
You have the choice of creating a team of three or more people or participate as an individual.
There will be two ways of winning:
1. If you’re on a team, the teams (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) that lose the most percentage of weight will decide which local non-profit will receive the donations collected.
2. If you sign up as an individual, you will earn credits towards bonus prizes provided by our sponsors.
By registering for this event and donating $10, you will receive access to the participant-only website designed exclusively for people registered for the program. This online program will provide you with daily nutrition, health, and exercise tips. It will also offer coupons and discounts to health foods stores, fitness studios, yoga studios, and spas.
This is what you can expect as a participant:
• During registration, we will collect your, name, email, the team you’re joining, starting weight, and a $10 donation. (Sign up as a member of a team or as an individual but remember only teams can choose the non-for-profit that will receive the donations.)
• Kick off event at EAT! on Saturday, January 7, 2012. Meet the sponsors and the representatives from the participating non-profits. Receive gifts and additional information on how to get healthy and lose weight.
• Each day you will receive healthy tips, recipes, videos, or specials from your hosts Tracey Webber and Ivana Kadija, as well as our sponsors.
• Each week you will go online and update your weight so that we can track your team.
How individuals can win bonus prizes:
Participate in the “Let’s Hear From You” bonus program. Post a comment, update, or question on the members page and you will earn a credit to earn bonus prizes. The more times you post, the more chances you have to win, only one post per day will earn a credit.
Sample prizes are:
• A Pantry and Diet Makeover from either Tracey Webber or Ivana Kadija. This is a $500 value.
• A healthy food gift basket from Whole Foods.
• $25 Gift card from Relay Foods.
• Personal consultation with Health and Wellness professional.
All winners will be announced on February 5th.